Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm so old.






The day we spoke of as children has arrived... all too fast. It seems like just yesterday when we were in jr. & sr. high y.g. running around and acting too big for our britches. But, that was several years ago. Now most of those friends are in college and beginning to develop new lifestyles of their own. And yet, when we reunite, I feel like we're the same age as before because we're still those same children with just... a little bit more experience behind us.


1 comment:

  1. This post makes sort of melancholic. But I know what you mean! It reminds me of the part in You've Got Mail when Meg Ryan's character is writing to Tom Hank's character and she says "People are always saying that change is a good thing. But all they're really saying is that something you didn't want to happen at all... has happened."

    That's not REALLY relevant. Because I guess we all want to move on and live our lives and NOT stay in high school. BUT It still proves that You've Got Mail is a simply beautiful movie.

    Anyways, I really know how you feel. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I see myself as the same old soul I've always been. Same me. New hair, maybe. Better outfits, maybe. More responsibility. More heartache. But still me.

    And I miss my friends from high school. Man, I really miss them.

    ReplyDelete