Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Who would have thought?

Before


After


The other day, Andrew and I were driving up to our house to drop off some of his clothes and things. As we rounded the bend into our neighborhood, I exclaimed, "GRASS!!!" Andrew, startled, took a look and smiled broadly. We had lift-off. Our grass was finally sprouting - tiny blades were sticking up out of the crusty soil here and there. Our yard looked like it had a bit of a beard growing. We had waited for several weeks to see even the smallest hint of growth and it came in a split second. AND the green weed has progressively thickened over the past two days. Who would have thought that I would be so thrilled to see grass grow?

***Just so that there is no misunderstanding (because you never know how someone might read what I've written) - I am not moving into the house until we're married. However, I often go to the house with Andrew AND a chaperone to help out with miscellaneous things.

5 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical that grass would actually grow, but I'm glad it did! No your house will look even more amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little sprouts! By the time you move it hopefully it will look nice and thick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to burst your bubble, but you do know what grass means, right?MOWING! Feeding, seeding,mole invasions! Can't go to the beach...have to mow. The rains gone...Have to mow. Have a day off...have to mow. Enjoy your grass:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you can yell at people Princess Diaries style when they try to walk across your grass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, your own little grass... this is so exciting! Enjoy it to the fullest :)

    ReplyDelete